Turiba University is actively expanding its international cooperation, initiating, developing, and implementing various local, national, and international projects.
We believe that the development of the University is inconceivable without innovative initiatives, the creation of new teaching approaches and methods, and without international collaboration. To prepare high-quality new professionals, it is essential for our university to provide opportunities for learning in an international environment, meeting lecturers, and professionals from around the world. Therefore, we realize international projects in collaboration with universities and partners worldwide.
Through these projects, we have developed new and innovative educational resources and tools, published books, organized international conferences, exchange trips, study visits, summer schools, and other activities.
We have extensive experience in international project management and have been actively involved in coordinating projects such as Central Baltic Interreg, Erasmus Mundus, Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs program, European Social fund, JUSTICE, NORDPLUS, and ERASMUS+ projects.
Project department initiate and implement projects in collaboration with our faculties and their experts. We are excited to collaborate and bring your ideas to life! Get in touch with us:
KRISTĪNE NEIMANE, Head of project department: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +371 67615541, mob.+371 29628681
IEVA BRUKSLE, Project coordinator: email@example.com, Phone: +371 67616022
University Spin-offs Alliance: From the idea to the market through mentoring and transnational entrepreneurial teams (SPINTeams)
Universities are the main source of innovation and solutions to societal challenges that can also cover market needs. Many start-ups and University spin offs are founded at European Higher Education Institutions, but they lack of sustainability and growth capacity. After 3 years, more than the 50 % of the start-ups fail because of low profitability and growth capacity. The origin of this failure come from the roots of the start-up foundation: the entrepreneurial and business skills of the founders, their complementarity of skills and those of their teams, their capacity to find supporting networks, difficulties to find an effective start-up support ecosystem, and the capacity of going international.
Chambers and companies in this project have developed counselling, peer learning and mentoring programmes that have proven results in achieving between 75 % and 97 % survival rate of the mentored start-ups and University spin-offs after 3 years of creation. Higher Education Institutions in the consortium have entrepreneurship among their priorities. SPINTeams links Higher Education Institutions to successful business communities setting methodologies for counselling, peer learning and mentoring in order to increase the success rate of university spin-offs and start-ups.
“SPINTeams” aims at improving entrepreneurial and business skills of the would be entrepreneurs at partner Higher Education Institutions, as well as their current and future Spin-offs and Start-ups, to achieve more, more sustainable and growing businesses. The project will act with a bottom up approach acting twofold: impacting on the practitioners and on the Higher Education Institutions.
To achieve project aim, the consortium will deliver the following products:
- A collection of training webinars for creating the role of "Entrepreneurship Coaches" at partners Higher Education Institutions"
- A complete training course for improving entrepreneurial and business skills focused on advanced students, Phd students and researchers (the would be entrepreneurs or the spin-off/start-ups founders)
- A handbook "Building entrepreneurial support ecosystems for Higher Education Institutions"
- A guide "Mentoring and peer learning methods for new entrepreneurs’ support"
- Managing an International cooperation platform to foster international cooperation, teamwork, networking and mentoring.
Partner countries: Spain, Latvia, Italy, Austria, Croatia
- Chamber of Commerce Industry and Services of Terrassa (Spain)
- Latvian Chamber of Commerce (Latvia)
- Turiba Univeristy (Latvia)
- Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (Spain)
- University of Bari Aldo Moro (Italy)
- Institute for Economic Promotion (Austria)
- European Grants International Academy (Italy)
- Poligest SL (Spain)
- Tera Tehnopolis, Ltd (Croatia)
- University of Graz (Austria)
Project implementation period: 01.01.2021 - 31.12.2023
More information in webpage: www.spinteams.eu
Project academic leader
Dean of the Business administration faculty
Vice-dean of the Business administration faculty
Project is co-financed by ERASMUS+ programme.
Project number: 621689-EPP-1-2020-1-ES-EPPKA2-KA