Scholarships provided by Turība University
Turība University highly values students’ achievements in studies, thus, the students who have the best results in their studies have an opportunity to get a budget place that covers 100% tuition fee or 600 EUR scholarship.
Students of 2nd, 3rd and 4th study years of bachelor programs are eligible for the scholarship.
Student's grades in the previous academic year are taken into account in the competition.
Latvian STATE scholarships
Latvian Government offers scholarships for Bachelor (except 1st and 2nd year students), Master and Doctoral level students for studies at Higher education institutions (HEI) in Latvia.
Students from the following countries are eligible to apply: Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Peru, South Korea, Tajikistan, The People`s Republic of China, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Iceland, Japan, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, The United States of America, Spain, Ukraine, Indonesia, Slovakia, Poland.
Applications for bachelor`s studies will be accepted from students who have successfully completed at least one academic year of studies (at their home higher education institution or at a Latvian higher education institution, if they already have been studying in Latvia).
Scholarships for students of Bachelor and Master level studies are granted for one academic year – a time period up to 10 months, for PhD-students – up to 11 months.
To qualify for a scholarship for another study year, a repeated application must be submitted.
Please note – the competition is high, therefore, you have to have good marks (as regards Bachelor students, the Commission will evaluate the marks for the previous completed study year (previous 2 semesters) at the University, as regards Master students – marks received during the Bachelor studies), as well as the applicant has to prepare motivation and support letters of a very good quality.
Applications (scholarship for studies from September / October 2020) have to be submitted until April 1, 2020.
The academic year at the Turība University for the 1st year Master and Bachelor level students starts from the 1st week of October; for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year Bachelor level students and the 2nd year Master students it starts on the 1st week of September. The academic year ends in the end of June.
Please, read the information about the programs offered, the application procedure and after that - register in our online application system and pay the registration fee. Please, upload all the documents requested in the system.
After the registration you will receive an automatically generated e-mail with link to the English (mandatory for all applicants who do not have IELTS or TOEFL certificate) and Social science online tests (only for bachelor students) or exam in Mathematics (only for students applying for Bachelor study program “Computer Systems”). When the tests are done, you are requested to pay registration fee of 150 Euro (note refundable).
After payment is done you should apply for a Skype interview (mandatory for all applicants) by contacting the admission coordinator Ms. Laura Griķe email@example.com. The supporting documents will be provided after successfully passed tests and interview and receiving of registration fee.
Application procedure and preparation of supporting documents takes up to 5 working days, please, send your request for supporting documents not later than on 22.03.2020. After this date, we will not accept any requests for supporting documents.
The list of required documents, which are to be collected by the student and uploaded in the application system along with the application form is as follows:
1. Curriculum Vitae (CV) - Europass template: europass.cedefop.europa.eu.
2. Letter of motivation (including activities outside studies related to the study field in Latvia or in the home country, e. g. work in professional organisations, participation in scientific conferences, international projects). Please, describe your motivation for selecting studies in Latvia, at the particular University and in the particular study field.
3. Photocopies of diplomas of higher education and supplements or a transcript of records of the last two study semesters (if studies are not completed).
4. Copies of two letters of recommendation from academic staff members, signed within the last six months.
5. A copy of a letter from Turība University confirming your ability to study in the chosen study program and informing on the language of instruction - after registration for studies at Turība University and passing online tests and Skype interview, Turība University will provide you such document. We will send you scanned letter, which you will add to your application.
6. Study plan for duration of the scholarship – also provided by Turība University after registration.
7. A copy of the certificate or other document certifying the language proficiency required for studies.
Information about your language proficiency will be included in the Acceptance letter from Turība University (in document nr.5 from the list). Additionally, you can submit any internationally recognised certificate, if any (TOEFL, IELTS).
8. Copy of the ID (identification document) or passport.
All documents, which are not in Latvian or English, shall be translated into Latvian or English. Any incomplete applications will not be considered.
Turība University will provide you with the supporting documents (Nr.5, Nr.6 and Nr.7 – information about your language proficiency will be included in the document nr.5).
The first step for receiving supporting documents is to register for the studies at Turība University on www.turiba.lv and pay the registration fee of 150 EUR.