Turība University actively participates in various educational and scientific cooperation projects co-financed by the European Union and other international cooperation programs. As a lead partner, we have successfully implemented international level projects Erasmus+, JUSTICE, NORDPLUS and projects supported by other foundations.
ERASMUS+ project CLIMAN
Synergy of educational, scientific, management and industrial components for climate management and climate change prevention/ CLIMAN
Turiba University in cooperation with 12 partners in January 2021 started to implement ERASMUS+ programme project which aims to help the universities of Georgia, the Republic of Belarus and Ukraine to become centres for the development of research of climate management to accelerate integration into the global climate market and to meet global climate regulation requirements by acquiring best European practices in the field of climate change prevention, adaptation and mitigation.
The objectives of the project are as follows:
- Update the existing master degree programs by developing an interdisciplinary training module "Climate Management".
- Establish consulting Climate Management Centers at partner universities and ensure their sustainable development.
- Facilitate the development and strengthening of institutional capacity of partner universities aiming to develop recommendations for the industrial, transport, energy, tourism sectors and local authorities in the sphere of climate change prevention, adaptation and mitigation.
- Learning of the EU experience in scientific and practical activities on climate management.
- Development of the Training Module “Climate Management” at Partner HEIs.
- Establishment of the Climate Management Center.
- Implementation of the updated Master Degree Program at Partner HEIs.
- Quality Management.
- Dissemination and sustainability, project Management.
- Updated Master Degree Program by means of development and implementation of Training Module “Climate Management”.
- Trained staff.
- Consulting Centers of Climate Management are established at partner universities.
- Developed “roadmap” of cooperation between the industrial, transport, agricultural and tourism sectors and local authorities on the implementation of climate management policy.
- Qualified climate managers.
Priority: Modernization of curriculum, by developing new and innovative courses and methodologies, Cross-cutting priority on climate change.
Project duration: 15.11.2020-14.11.2023
Project Coordinator: Netherlands Business Academy, the Netherlands.
Project Co-Coordinator: KROK University, Ukraine.
- Foggia University, Italy;
- University of Applied Sciences, Germany;
- Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania;
- Turiba University, Latvia;
- Kharkiv National Automobile and Highway University, Ukraine;
- Lviv Polytechnic National University, Ukraine;
- Akaki Tsereteli State University Kutaisi, Georgia;
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University, Georgia;
- Polessky State University, Belarus;
- Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno, Belarus;
- Hultgren Nachhaltigkeitsberatung UG, Germany.
Project web-site: https://climancoordinator.wixsite.com/climan
Academic leader of the project
Dean of the Faculty of International Tourism
Project number: 619119-EPP-1-2020-1-NL-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
The Project is co-funded by the ERASMUS+ Program of the European Union.