Summer School for doctoral students
The 4th International Doctoral Summer School
“NEW CHALLENGES FOR RESEARCHERS”
Dates: 24 – 26 August, 2021.
Venue: The event will be held online.
Participants: Up to 40 doctoral students (regardless of major).
Registration: Until July 15, 2021 by sending email to Evita.Vecvagare@turiba.lv.
At the end of the summer school, participants will receive certificates!
Aim of the Summer School for doctoral students: to develop doctoral students' scientific communication and writing competence, as well as knowledge and skills in quantitative and qualitative methodology.
PhD Summer School focuses on the development of key competences required for achieving best results in successful defense of the doctoral thesis and identifying further research directions. Therefore, topics of our PhD Summer School include: management of scientific research data, writing of scientific articles, analysis of the subtleties of project management, research integrity and ethics, intellectual property and patent system, development of communication skills, etc.
PhD Summer School provides the opportunity for intellectually curious doctoral students to explore new knowledge, to expand cultural awareness and to exchange experience.
PhD Summer School equips participants with essential skills that are necessary in all fields of science, provides participants with a valuable networking opportunity with participants from other countries, creates and shares friendly social environment.
We expect PhD summer school participants from the following institutions:
- University of Hradec Králové
- University of Eastern Finland
- Daugavpils University
- Liepaja University
- Rezekne Academy of Technologies
- Turiba University
- Ventspils University of Applied Sciences
- Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences
- Vytautas Magnus University
- Klaipėda University
- Warsaw University of Life Sciences
- Politehnica University of Timisoara
- University of Novi Sad
Program of the summer school
|Time||Tue 24 August||Wed 25 August||Thu 26 August|
|9:00||OPENING OF SUMMER SCHOOL|
9:30 – 11:00
PhD. Nigel Marshall,
Professor Anita Pipere, Daugavpils University /Latvia/
The PhD Experience:
A Review of the Factors Influencing Doctoral Students’ Completion and Affects to Practical Business
Irena RAUDIENE, PhD student, the Institute of Educational Research, Education Academy, Vytautas Magnus University/Lithuania
Tatjana Azamatova, PhD student, Daugavpils University/Latvia/
|12.30 – 13:30||Lunch Break||Lunch Break||Lunch Break|
|13:30 – 15:00||Workshop
Professor Vilma Zydziunaite, Vytautas Magnus University /Lithuania/
"Grounded Theory and Phenomenological Hermeneutics: Differentiation between two methodologies"
Prof. Velga Vevere, Turiba University/ Latvia/
Dilemma Games: Research ethics issues in preparing doctoral thesis
PhD. Nigel Marshall, University of Sussex /United Kingdom/
Scientific Article Preparing
|15:00 – 16:00||Discussion, communication||Discussion, communication||Discussion, communication|
- Chairman As.prof. Daina VASIĻEVSKA, Vice rector for science and academic affairs, Turiba University, Latvia
- Vice-Chair Prof. Jelena DAVIDOVA, Faculty of Education and Management, Daugavpils University, Latvia
- Prof. Vilma ŽYDŽIŪNAITĖ, Director of the Institute of Educational Research, Academy of Education, Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, Lithuania
- Prof. Rūtenis PAULAUSKAS, Executive Secretary of the Institute of Educational Research, Academy of Education, Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, Lithuania
- Prof. Antti JUVONEN, University of Eastern Finland
- Prof. Dina BETHERE, Faculty of Pedagogy and Social Work, Liepaja University, Latvia
- Prof. Tatjana PIVAC, Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management, Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- As. prof. Alona RAUCKIENĖ – MICHAELSSON, Director of Health Research and Innovation Science Centre, Klaipėda University, Lithuania
- As. prof. Agnieszka PARLIŃSKA, Vice Editor-in-chief of the Scientific Journal European Policies, Finance and Marketing, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Institute of Economics and Finance, Poland
- As. prof. Asta RAUDUVAITE, Academy of Education, Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, Lithuania
- As. prof. Una LIBKOVSKA, Ventspils University of Applied Sciences, Latvia
- As. prof. Petra POULOVÁ, Faculty of Informatics and Management, University of Hradec Králové, Czech
- As. prof. Tereza OTČENÁŠKOVÁ, Department of Information Technologies, University of Hradec Králové, Czech