- FOR STUDENTS
ABOUT TURĪBA UNIVERSITY ABOUT RIGA, LATVIA
- TUITION FEES
- VISA AND RESIDENCE PERMIT
- EXCHANGE STUDIES
- STUDY PROGRAMS
- FOR STUDENTS
- ABOUT TURĪBA UNIVERSITY
- ABOUT RIGA, LATVIA
- INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
- INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS
- SUMMER SCHOOL
- LIFE ON CAMPUS
- BUSINESS INCUBATOR
- Career Center
- BASKETBALL CLUB
- For Graduates
- REGULATING DOCUMENTS
ERASMUS+ Strategic partnership “Innovation of the professional training of future tourism experts using a fictitious training hotel”
In November 2021 Turiba University together with partner universities from Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic and Italy started ERASMUS+ Strategic partnership project TRAIN-e-HOTEL. By implementing the TRAIN-e-HOTEL project we want to achieve a significant improvement of tourism students’ professional and transversal competencies. We expect a closer and better connection of professional practice with the educational process and goals, taking into account the new challenges and trends of the tourism industry.
MAIN AIM OF THE PROJECT:
The main reason for creating the project TRAIN-e-HOTEL is the need to increase and expand the career readiness of tourism students in accordance with the requirements of real professional practice. The main idea arose at the time of the global pandemic of the Covid-19 disease when students of relevant fields of study could not be provided with professional practice in accommodation facilities.
- Providing an alternative form of professional practice in the hotel industry;
- Supplementing professional practice in the hotel industry;
- Developing transversal competencies;
- Carrying out international cooperation;
- Bringing real practice closer to the offer of education;
- Creating culturally and socially diverse groups of students working to achieve common goals;
- Mobilizing and motivating students to participate in educational and development activities.
In frame of the project students will participate in training where they with support of mentors will create business plans and develop webpage for the training hotel, project partners will create cultural diversity map, environmental Strategy and intercultural digital campaign.
Bachelor and master level students of Tourism field in partner Universities; lecturers, tourism industry professionals.
PROJECT DURATION: 01.11.2021 – 01.22.2024.
PROJECT COORDINATOR: Constrantine the philosopher University in Nitra, Slovakia
- Silesian University in Opava, Czech Republic;
- Turiba University, Latvia;
- University of Pannonia, Hungary;
- University of Salento, Italy
Academic leader of the project
Head of project department
Project number: 2021-1-SK01-KA220-HED-000023291
The Project is co-funded by the ERASMUS+ Program of the European Union.