- Professionals who are involved in the study process – experts of the Latvian Council of Sciences, lecturers of partner-higher education institutions (HEI).
- One of the first written code of laws in the world history had been developed during the rule of Babylonian king Hammurabi in 18th century B.C.
DEGREE: Academic Doctor’s degree in legal sciences (Dr. iur.)
DURATION OF STUDIES: 3 Academic Years
STUDY PROGRAMME: English or Latvian
- you have an opportunity to work as the leading researcher in a scientific institution;
- if you want to work in education institution, you can be a candidate of academic position of lecturer or professor;
- you can become a sworn advocate without passing examination of advocate which is determined by article 14 of the Advocacy Law of the Republic of Latvia;
- you have an opportunity to become a scientific expert in legal sciences of the Latvian Council of Science.
MAIN AREAS OF STUDIES
Main areas of studies in the following sub-sectors of legal science are: Theory and History of law, Civil law, Criminal law, State law, International law.
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMME
Dr.iur. Aivars Endziņš, professor
Phone: +371 67607662